Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Calculation Was a Little Flawed

In my last post on my challenge to Ezra Levant, I wrote that one of the reasons for the increasing number of HRC cases is the increases in visible minority immigrants. Here is what I wrote:
Of course, there will always be women, the disabled, the homosexual, etc., who will bring forth new cases. But their numbers surely cannot be comparable to these new, adult, immigrants. (For starters, “new” women have to be born, and it takes at least eighteen years for these “new” women to file a case. New immigrants, on the otherhand, arrive as adults ready to file).
This is not quite accurate.

With increasing number of visible minority immigrants, all these other categories will also increase, albeit of the visible minority type:

- Visible minority homosexuals - the rest of the world is far more intolerant of homosexuals than Canada, or other Western countries. 

- Visible minority women, as spouses or other family members - I wonder how many visible minority women immigrate on their own, unless they are persecuted by honor killings?

- Handicapped visible minorities  - from the war fields in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia and whatever war is being waged in whatever part of the planet. And also the sick with various serious illnesses like AIDS, tuberculosis, the Ebola virus, and so on.

My original calculation was too moderate.