Monday, December 14, 2009

Figuring Out Liberals

The quality discussion one expects from View From the Right continues on the post "The escape from uncertainty: a theory of liberalism." I chimed in just to add a detail to the discussion. But, I fully agree with commentator Kristor that "We must remember that the change [the progress] liberals desire is a change from novelty and uncertainty toward a static ideal."

Yes, and I think the liberal's project really has no constructive end point, as I wrote in this draft of an email which I didn't send to VFR:
The idea of "eliminating uncertainty" at its most common denominator really means the elimination of uncertainty through the (controlled) power of destruction. Only destruction is controllable, doable and certain.
So, liberals never build anything, they simply destroy. But each uncertainty, or as I prefer to call it "unfairness" leads to another unfair situation, which also needs to be destroyed. The final outcome, if taken to its logical conclusion, is simply annihilation.