Sunday, April 26, 2015

New Header


Perhaps I'm a little too apocalyptic, but I believe our era warrants my strong reaction.

I designed the web header graphics based on these images.

The image on the left is from New York city's Cloisters, where I have been numerous times, and about which I've written here.

In the middle graphic, I've turned the Cloisters image counterclockwise 90°, and did a "heat map" filter through Photoshop. It looks like there is a flame projecting from the Cloisters to the image on the right.

The graphic on the right is the the Absolute Condo Towers, in Mississauga, with the aptly named designers Burka Architects and MAD Architects. I changed the image with Photoshop by making it look like an ashy result of the flames projected from the middle image, and the burned landscape still retaining hot and orange ashes.

We, acting as harbingers of what is to come, and as keepers of art, civilization and our Western culture, can gain our strength and fighting spirit from our institutions, using their still potent power to help us destroy the impostors that have invaded our landscape.

It is no longer a matter of reclamation, but of actual saving, as I further elucidate in my website: Reclaiming Beauty: Saving our Western Civilization.