Monday, April 26, 2010

Korean Refugee?

Here's another factual blog, that posts information tirelessly. It was the folks at Refugee Resettlement Watch who informed me about the Somali residing in (and citizens of) America and Canada who started disappearing from their communities, to later turn up in Somalia as part of the Al-Shabaab jihadi group in Somalia.

A couple of days ago, they reported about a refugee case where a South Korean woman filed a suit against an immigration adjudicator for agreeing to process her refugee claim in return for sexual favors.

When I saw this case reported in the news, my first thought was, why is a Chinese (I mistook her for Chinese) filing for refugee anyway? The news then went on to say that she, with the help of her Canadian boyfriend (a white Canadian), recorded a meeting with this immigration authority who did indeed make proposals to her.

I don’t doubt the incident occurred. But, my suspicions were of another nature.